yed on such websites. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from, your use of any third-party websites or resources.
We may terminate your access to and use of the Services, at our sole discretion, at any time and without notice to you. You may disable access to your Account at any time by sending an email to us at email@example.com. Upon any termination, discontinuation or cancellation of Services or your Account, the following sections will survive: 3, 8, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
ALL CONTENT, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES ON THE SITE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY GUARANTEES OR WARRANTY.WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE EXPLICITLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
NEITHER EVERLANE NOR ANY OTHER party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the services will be liable for any incidental, special, exemplary or consequential damages, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR GOODWILL, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER DAMAGE OR SYSTEM FAILURE OR THE COST OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES arising ouT of or in connection with thESE TERMS or from the use OF or inability to use the ServiceS, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence), PRODUCT LIABILITY or any other legal theory, and whether or not EVERLANE has been informed of the possibility of such damage, EVEN IF A limited REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PUrPOSE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
In no event will Everlane’S total liability arising out of or in connection with THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE the ServiceS or content EXCEED THE AMOUNTS YOU HAVE PAID TO EVERLANE FOR USE OF THE SERVICES OR content OR ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100), IF YOU HAVE NOT HAD ANY PAYMENT OBLIGATIONS TO EVERLANE, AS APPLICABLE.
THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN EVERLANE AND YOU.
Our goal is to provide you with great service, so we’ll try our best to resolve any disagreements that you have with us.If we can’t, then you and we both agree to resolve disputes related to your use of the Services or these Terms (each, a “Claim”) in binding arbitration instead of court, except that (a) a Claim may be brought in small claims court if it qualifies for it and (b) either party may bring suit in court to enjoin the infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights.
- What is arbitration? Arbitration does not involve a judge or jury.Instead, a neutral person (the “arbitrator”) hears each party’s side of the dispute, and makes a decision that is finally binding on both parties.The arbitrator can award the same relief as a court could award, including monetary damages.While court review of an arbitration award is limited, if a party fails to comply with the arbitrator’s decision, then the other party can have the arbitration decision enforced by a court. If for any reason a Claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration,you and we each waive any right to a jury trial.
- Can a Claim be part of a class action or similar proceeding? No. You agree to resolve your Claims with us solely on an individual basis, and not as part of a class, representative or consolidated action.We agree to do the same.
- What rules apply in the arbitration? The arbitration will be conducted under the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) Consumer Arbitration Rules (the “AAA Rules”). The AAA Rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879.
- How will the arbitration be conducted? How much does it cost? The arbitration will be conducted by the AAA or a comparable arbitration body in the event the AAA is unable to conduct the arbitration.Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA Rules.Unless the arbitrator finds your Claim frivolous, we’ll pay for all filing, administration and arbitrator fees if your Claim is for less than $10,000, and we won’t seek our attorneys’ fees and costs if we prevail in the arbitration. The arbitration may be conducted in writing, remotely (e.g., by videoconference) or in-person in the county where you live (or at some other location that we both agree to).
- How do I start an arbitration proceeding? To begin an arbitration proceeding against us, send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your Claim to firstname.lastname@example.org.If we request arbitration against you, we will give you notice at the email address or street address you provided.
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR OPTING-OUT OF ARBITRATION: If you don’t want to agree to arbitrate your Claims as explained above, then you can opt-out of this arbitration agreement by notifying us of your decision in writing at email@example.com. You must opt-out within 30 days of the date you first agree to these Terms or any updated Terms.
These Terms and any action related thereto will be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of laws provisions.
These Terms constitute the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between Everlane and you regarding the Services and Content, and these Terms supersede and replace any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between Everlane and you regarding the Services and Content. If any provision of these Terms is held invah4d or unenforceable (either by an arbitrator appointed pursuant to the terms of the “Dispute Resolution” section above or by court of competent jurisdiction, but only if you timely opt out of arbitration by sending us an opt-out email in accordance with the terms set forth above), that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect. You may not assign or transfer these Terms, by operation of law or otherwise, without Everlane’s prior written consent. Any attempt by you to assign or transfer these Terms, without such consent, will be null. Everlane may freely assign or transfer these Terms without restriction. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
Any notices or other communications provided by Everlane under these Terms, including those regarding modifications to these Terms, will be given: (i) via email; or (ii) by posting to the Services. For notices made by e-mail, the date of receipt will be deemed the date on which such notice is transmitted.
Waiver of Rights
Everlane’s failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of such right or provision. The waiver of any such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of Everlane. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise.
Questions for us?
If you have any questions about these Terms or the Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.